ABI 40 Under 40
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes nearly 10,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information.Read More
Hours of deliberation
This year's class joins more than 200 honorees from the program. Over 30% have become ABI Leaders, and 80% are leaders in their own firms.Join With Us
What our clients says about the work
It is an incredible honor that I recieved. Not only to be recognized for my hard work, but to recognized as an emerging leader that is a woman, a minority, a mom and succeeding.
Shanti Mulpuru Katona2017 Honoree
By being recognized by ABI, it give a nod to the hard work I've put into building my career. But with recognition comes responsibility. I feel the weight of that responsibility and will give back to the bankruptcy community through my work with ABI.
Lindsay Zahradka Milne2018 Honoree
To be chosen by people I respect so much gives me a great deal of confidence to move forward in my career.
Oksana Koltko Rosaluk2017 Honoree
This experience is a unique one in our profession. You basically become part of the ABI Family. The 40 of us in our class became part of the 40 Under 40 Family. It is such a humbling and amazing experience all the way through.
Katherine R. Catanese2018 Honoree
To be recognized from on of the top organizations in insolvency is such an honor. And personally, I see it as a calling to do more.
Kristina M. Stanger2018 Honoree
Frequently Asked Questions
Before logging in to your application, you’ll need to have handy:
- Your resume/CV;
- A written biography (in paragraph form);
- Two letters of recommendation (At least one letter of recommendation should be from someone outside your place of employment (e.g., a client, Judge, a colleague from another firm, professor, etc.). Each letter of recommendation must include the recommender’s name, affiliation, email address, and direct phone number; and
- Narrative (first-person) responses to the four questions regarding leadership, professional credentials, personal qualities, and the future of the insolvency profession (1,250 character limit).
Please note: You can start, save and resume your application as many times as you like. Applications are due June 30, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET.
The next steps are as follows:
- After you have applied to the program, you will receive a notification that your submission has been received.
- You will be notified by early October if you have made it to the 2023 class.
- A “40 Under 40” recognition event will take place during ABI’s 2023 Winter Leadership Conference in early December in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Yes. You may log in using your established username and password to amend your application, or you may start a new profile and application. If you are not selected in 2023, you may be considered again in future years until you no longer fit the nomination requirements (age, practice area, etc.).
Previous Program Sponsors
Sponsor the Program
Sponsors gain premium exposure with the insolvency industry’s up-and-coming thought leaders and decision-makers. For information about Sponsorship Opportunities, fill out the form below or contact Sharisa Sloan at [email protected]